Monday, December 31, 2007

Mixed Messages

At the risk of sounding paranoid, I'm getting...well, paranoid again.

I thought I had a new home here. The past week has been glorious; everyone pays attention to me, I feel important again, even the creatures in the house haven't been as annoying as usual. The one exception is the cat, who keeps drinking from my water supply. I drip sap in there as often as possible. Hey, it's the small victories that make life worth living.

And speaking of living, I'm starting to wonder if these people plan on keeping me around after all. I keep hearing rumblings and bits of conversation like, "when that tree's gone..." and "well, I won't have to crawl under there and clean much longer" and the like.

I'm hoping they have a plan to replant me. I can't imagine that they'd just let me go after all the care they've lavished on me. Seriously, they wouldn't do that...

...would they?

No comments: