Tuesday, December 25, 2007

What A Day

Well, for the first time since I arrived here, I felt really great yesterday.

I finally figured out what all this stuff is about, or at least I think I understand. As best I can tell, someone named "Santa Claus" puts a bunch of gifts under my branches, then a whole boatload of people come over, everyone eats an amazing amount of food, more gifts are exchanged, then the little people play something called "Guitar Hero" until everyone goes to bed.

What a strange custom.

But you know, it was cool, because I was the complete center of attention all day! I was the protector of the family's gifts, and then they gathered around me in the morning, all excited about the wrapped presents (although how anyone can muster up enthusiasm for a box of something called "chocolate" is beyond my comprehension). Later in the day, more people arrived and they all commented on how beautiful I looked. I felt important again!

And here's the best part...there's been no discussion about getting rid of me. I was really worried about losing so many needles, but you know, I was getting a bit heavy and needed to lose a few pounds anyway! So I'm kind of hoping that they'll be able to stem (no pun intended) any further damage, and maybe I'll be able to stay.

At least I have some hope and optimism. What a great day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you've found the joy of Christmas. And congrats on escaping the Christmastreetion Camp.

Now, just watch out for the family dog.